Monday, January 02, 2006

AP: Bush denies misleading after misleading

The AP reports on Bush's latest defense of spying on Americans, and I found this series of paragraphs striking: "Bush stressed that the surveillance involved telephone calls from 'a few numbers' outside the United States by people associated with al-Qaida, the terrorist organization that plotted the Sept. 11 attacks. The White House later clarified Bush's remarks, saying he meant to say calls going to and originating from the United States were being monitored.

The president denied misleading the public during a 2004 appearance in support of the Patriot Act when he said, 'Any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, a wiretap requires a court order.'

Asked about that Sunday, Bush said: 'I was talking about roving wiretaps, I believe, involved in the Patriot Act. This is different from the NSA program.'"

So full of it.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

I don't even try to document all the lies anymore. You're a stronger man than I if you can stick to that. That's just too much work for me.

Welcome back.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home