Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thoughts after Debate 3

Just off the phone with a friend of mine who's a Bush supporter. But he couldn't stand to watch any of the debates. And he probably wouldn't be for Bush if he didn't dislike John Kerry so much.

I watched all the debates and can't understand why he doesn't like Kerry so much. From what I can tell, and this is bolstered by most of the objective documentaries and reports on the man, he is driven by altruism and deeply held beliefs. Comparing the two men in debate settings shows me the difference between a public servant and a hustler.

This is going to be an interesting next few weeks, and I sincerely hope we don't get bogged down in a lot of post-election voting disputes. I hope the winner wins clearly (and cleanly). But I don't envy whoever wins. I don't recall a more evenly divided, and deeply divided, electorate. It's going to be tougher than usual for the next president, whoever it turns out to be.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wonder what your friend that is a bush supporter thinks about you now after looking at all this leftwing liberal-biased propaganda on your blog? Hope he's a good friend!
Guacamussery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home