Wednesday, November 03, 2004

God Bless America

I'm stunned. I seriously thought there was a trend toward Kerry, and I believed he would win closely but comfortably. And I hoped he might have at least one house of Congress on his side.

But the pervasiveness of the GOP victory is breathtaking. I'm sure the pundits will parse this out for months and years, but the reportedly high turnout really didn't help Kerry all that much after all. Apparently youth didn't vote any more than they did 4 years ago.

Of course, Bush and his team will see this as a mandate. The next four years could be excruciating--more so than the last four. On the other hand, second term presidents so often find a way to get into serious trouble, so maybe Bush will be out before the end of his second term (e.g., Nixon, Clinton). I don't envy him one bit as he must deal with the huge problems we face. And the rest of the world, with one or two exceptions, will hardly be eager to help.

Or maybe Kerry will squeak by after all! Yeah! Heh.

America has spoken. God bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home