Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The real star of the Fantastic Four flick


Stan Lee, co-creator of Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, etc. etc., as usual has a cameo in the Marvel motion picture featuring the FF. He's Willie Lumpkin, the FF's mail carrier, and he plays it to a T.

I also caught Stan in a cameo role on cable the other night in the Princess Diaries 2--he's a hoot! Stan is a good friend of the director, Garry Marshall. When I was privileged to visit Stan in his office in LA last January, he showed me this great bulletin board thing covered with photos of celebs he'd met. Garry Marshall had given it to him, because Stan had marveled (sorry) at the same sort of photo-boards that cover Marshall's office. Anyway, my hat's off to Stan!

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, at the matinee when I saw "Fantastic Four," Stan get applause for his cameo! None of those other fancy-pants stars can make that claim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home