Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bush has to "get on with [his] life"

...and not let people like Cindy Sheehan bother him too much, according to this very creepy Cox News story. Bush is doing his usual two hour a day workout, on a bike again. "Saturday's ride came as anti-war protesters, rallying behind Cindy Sheehan, a California mom whose son Casey died in Iraq, gathered on a road near the Bush ranch. Bush has steadfastly refused Sheehan's request to meet with her. 'Whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job,' Bush said of bike-riding while a grieving mom was pleading to talk with him. 'And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say. But I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life.'"

Thoughtful and sensitive, but please leave me alone so I can ride my bikey. And, oh by the way, Casey Sheehan cannot "get on with his life."

The whole article is kind of creepy. He is obsessed about keeping fit, to the extent that everything else--like running the country with any semblance of sanity--gets put aside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home