Saturday, December 17, 2005

AP: Bush spins his own bad answer on Delay

The amazing thing about this is that, as usual, he expects us to believe this: "President Bush said Friday his statement that former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay was innocent of criminal charges in Texas was meant to signal confidence in the justice system and not to make a pronouncement about the individual case.

'The point I was making was 'innocent until otherwise proven,'' Bush said in an interview to Friday for 'The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer.' 'It's a belief in the system, and that's not always the way people are treated here in Washington as you know.'

On Wednesday, Bush was asked on Fox News Channel whether he believed DeLay was innocent, and he replied, 'Yes, I do.'"

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

I wish I'd seen that McNeil Lehrer interview. Had dinner with a friend last night who said Bush was blinking like he was trying to send morse code "I've been taken captive."

Said he looked like he was on the verge of a breakdown.

Mike

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger C-Dogg said...

I've been looking around on the Blogs about Tom DeLay after I read about what a prick he is over the issue of Saipan and labor practices there.

He's definitely done enough unethical things in Texas, but I cannot believe he's been allowed to get away with actively supporting the human rights violations occurring in Saipan. What a pig. And why is Bush supporting him?

Tom DeLay really is an asshole

http://cdoggsmusings.blogspot.com/2005/12/tom-delay-really-is-asshole.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home