Saturday, February 25, 2006

AP: S.D. Governor would sign abortion ban

AP: S.D. Gov. 'Inclined' to Sign Abortion Ban: "Gov. Mike Rounds said he is inclined to sign a bill that would ban nearly all abortions in South Dakota, making it a crime for doctors to perform an abortion unless it was necessary to save the woman's life.

The ban, including in cases of rape or incest, was approved Friday by South Dakota lawmakers, setting up a deliberate frontal assault on Roe v. Wade at a time when some activists see the U.S. Supreme Court as more willing than ever to overturn the 33-year-old decision."

If a raped woman becomes pregnant, the rapist could have visitation rights.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Wow, that was a very interesting article! Even though I may not agree, I like your writing style. Personally I am a pro lifer, I think there are better things we could be doing with these children than aborting them. In fact I just wrote an article on my site if you want to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home