Monday, April 17, 2006

Taking a break

If you visit here with any regularity, you may have noticed some sporadic absences of late. I've been traveling a lot to my folks' to be with them as much as I could.

My mother passed away March 31. She was an incredible woman and I owe so much of who I am and what I believe to both her and my father.

My father is in a nursing home and not doing so well. I was away visiting him and other family members this past Easter weekend, and will likely go back up there again soon.

In the meantime, I'm planning to take a pretty major vacation, for nearly two weeks to Thailand, starting in a week or so. This is my third try for this vacation trip; the first two planned trips had to be canceled at the last minute due to family concerns. Here's hoping third time is the charm. If it is, I'll try to give a report here later.

When I get back in May, I'll do my best to pick this blog back up. It's cathartic for me, a way to deal with the incredible world in which we live. So I don't think I can stop. We'll see.

I wish you all the best, and I hope to see you back here in a few weeks. Take care.

Cephas

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

I really quite sorry. I hope the trip can help you find some solace.

I do hope you come back to blogging, but if not, I do hope you'll keep in touch by email.

Mike

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

still gone, huh?

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home