Monday, December 04, 2006

C&L: Gergen: Press was guilty of “cheerleading” the run up to the war.

Crooks and Liars - Gergen: Press was guilty of “cheerleading” the run up to the war.: "On Reliable Sources today, David Gergen admitted what many of us crazy f*&king hippies have been saying all along now—that the press didn't do their job and failed the American people in the run up to the war in Iraq. The thought that they were being unpatriotic if they didn't help promote war sends a chill down my spine. (video coming soon)

GERGEN: Yes, I do. I think Nick Kristof is bright on this. But I must tell you that the pendulum has swung on this. There was a sense, in the lead-up to the war, in which the press, I think, was guilty of cheerleading. We were waving the flags and it was almost unpatriotic to question the possibility of war with Iraq. And then during the time of the invasion itself, when the reporters were embedded, you know, many of them fell in love with the military and I think they reported very accurately. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home